Here are 10 amazing facts about pupular Lord Shiva statue at Sanga, Bhaktapur, facts collected from Facebook user’s timeline.
Kailashnath Mahadev Statue of Sanga is located at Ward No 5, Chitapol VDC, Sanga, Bhaktapur Nepal, Bhaktapur, click here for direction or map.
1. This temple of Kailashnath Mahadev at Sanga Nepal was inaugurated on 21st June 2010 or 2067/03/07 Monday but the construction of the Mahadev statue began in 2004.
2. Inauguration of this Kailashnath Mahadev Statue was done by Mr. Sarad Singh Bhandari, the then minister for Tourism and Civil Aviation of Nepal Government.
3. This statue of Lord Shiva is the tallest Shiva statue in world.
4. Initial funding and initiation of this project of temple of Lord Shiva was done by famous businessman Mr. Kamal Jain.
5. Building Cost of this Sanga Temple was around 1.2 Crore Nepali Rupees (Around 120,000 US Dollars)
6. Entry fee of Sanga Bhanyang Temple of Lord Shiva is Rs. 20 Nepali Rupees currently per person.
7. This site is located at Sanga bhanjyang, the border of Bhaktapur and Kavrepalanchwok districts in Nepal.
8. This statue of Kailashnath Mahadev is 143 feet high.
9. The statue of Lord Shiva is made with copper, cement, zinc and steel.
10. There are more than 5,000 average visitors in a week.
If you have any other interesting and true facts about Sanga Mahadev statue, then let Ganthan team know via comments below.